We are beginning our "BIG" word processing unit in the computer lab. Wahoo....watch out computers...here we come! We are working on shift key capitalization, beginning keyboarding skills, and highlighting and changing text. Needless to say...it takes all three of our computer lab visits to finish, but at the end they think that they are typing wizards!!!
The end result is a Christmas tree that they print and take home...in COLOR...I know, how exciting! They love it though.
The directions are simple.
1. We brainstorm Christmas words and put them on chart paper.
2. We type using an * as a space instead of a space bar.
3. Everytime our line gets a little bigger than the one before we push RETURN and move on to the next line.
4. When it looks like a tree, we learn how to highlight and change the test to green and the * to any colors we like.
5. PRINT and send home an e-mail reminding our parents how much work this project is for a 6 year old.
And it looks like....
We do a tree, but you could get creative. A snowman....a mug...the possibilities are endless!
Deanna and Jenelle